I had come upon the need to prepare my first ribs. One of the tasks is the ensure all flanges are perpendicular to the web (unless otherwise stated in the plans). Several others have built some neat tools to help with this tedious task. While not a difficult contraption to make, I wanted to go to the shop knowing dimensions of everything. With knowing the basic components I wanted to use, I went to the store, purchased what I thought would work well, then opened up my SolidWorks CAD program and began modeling.
With some basic plans in-hand, I went to work building this thing.
Here’s the final product:
Here is a link to the basic plans I had drawn up: